Titanium is an important structural metal developed in the 1950s. Titanium alloys are widely used in various fields because of their high specific strength, good corrosion resistance and high heat resistance. Many countries in the world have recognized the importance of titanium alloy materials, and have successively carried out research and development on them, and have been put into practical applications.
The titanium pipe is light in weight, high in strength and superior in mechanical properties. It is widely used in heat exchange equipment, such as shell and tube heat exchangers, coil heat exchangers, serpentine heat exchangers, condensers, evaporators and conveying pipes, etc. Many nuclear power industries use titanium pipes as standard tubes for their units.
1. Titanium pipes should be inspected regularly to keep the surface clean, remove dirt, and store them neatly in an indoor ventilated place. Do not stack them or store them in the open air.
2. When the ball valve, stop valve and gate valve of titanium pipe elbow are used, they are only fully open or fully closed, and are not allowed to be used to adjust the flow, so as to prevent the sealing surface from being eroded and accelerated wear.
3. The gate valve and the upper thread stop valve are equipped with reverse sealing equipment. The handwheel is rotated to the top surface to ensure that it will not rust or fall off. Keep the storage environment of titanium alloy pipes, titanium elbows, titanium big and small heads, titanium tees and other titanium pipe fittings dry and ventilated, keep the surfaces of pipes and pipe fittings clean and neat, and store them accurately.
1. titanium pipe manufacturers should be careful not to contact or collide with iron materials when transporting and storing titanium pipes.
2. Mechanical methods should be used for cutting titanium pipes, and the cutting speed should be low speed; when cutting or grinding titanium pipes with grinding wheels, special grinding wheels should be used; flame cutting should not be used. The groove should be processed mechanically.
3. Titanium alloy welded pipes should be welded by inert gas shielded welding or vacuum welding. Oxygen-acetylene welding or carbon dioxide gas shielded welding should not be used, and ordinary manual arc welding should not be used.
4. Do not use iron tools and materials to knock and squeeze the titanium pipe during installation; a rubber sheet or soft plastic sheet should be placed between the carbon steel support, hanger and the titanium pipe to prevent it from directly contacting the titanium pipe ; When the titanium pipe passes through the wall and floor, a casing should be installed, the gap should not be less than 10mm, and the insulation should be filled, and the insulation should not contain iron impurities.
5. Titanium pipes should not be directly welded with other metal pipes. When a connection is required, a looper flange connection can be used. The non-metallic gaskets used are generally rubber gaskets or plastic gaskets, and the chloride ion content should not exceed 25ppm.